Friday, September 14, 2012

Last Minute Packing

What a beautiful sight!

As I write this my family and I are getting ready to leave for Walt Disney World, we're leaving in a little over 12 hours. We don't fly because we travel with our dog, which is also why we don't stay on Disney property. We discovered that for us the easiest thing to do is to drive through the night, all three of us take turns driving while the other two sleep in the car and we trade off when the driver gets drowsy. I wouldn't recommend that to everyone but it does work for our situation.
Princess

Last minute packing is always a challenge for me. If you're flying into Orlando there are going to be several things that you will probably leave at home. If you're driving some of the decisions become more difficult.

The first thing that I will do is check to see what amenities the hotel has. I have a small coffee maker and I'll bring that with me unless there's coffee in the room. I'll also check for a hair dryer and if there isn't one I'll bring one of those. One thing that I keep packed in my suitcase is an extension cord, there are never enough plugs in a room, especially for three cell phones and two laptops. If I don't need it the cord doesn't take up much room.
 
Downtown Disney

There are things that we can get once we get there. If I forget the sunscreen we'll just head to Target. The same goes for shampoo (one bottle of hotel shampoo does not last for three people!) and other toiletries. If space is tight in the trunk we'll even buy dog food in Florida. Since we will arrive around noon and probably won't be able to get into the hotel we'll make a quick trip to the store. My husband will wait in the car with the dog with the windows open and our daughter and I will run in and pick up a few things. It's easier to buy them there than to be crowded into the car with them for 12 hours.

1 comment: