Thursday, August 16, 2012

A Little Bit of Background


I thought before I starting handing out tips on Walt Disney World that I would give you a little bit of background on myself and why I am qualified to give Disney advice. I grew up in Western Massachusetts. Each summer my family and I would take several trips to Riverside in Agawam, which is now Six Flags New England. I developed a real love for amusement parks, although I will admit that I am not a fan of roller coasters. When I was nine my family headed out to California, which was when I got my first taste of Disney. I was hooked.

Several years later as an adult my husband and I lived in Virginia, between Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens Williamsburg. We spent plenty of time at each park, I even worked at Kings Dominion one summer in the games department. It wasn't until 2006 that we finally made it to Florida for our first ever visit to Walt Disney World. After that I kept telling my husband that we needed to move to Orlando. Eventually things fell into place and we did just that. The house that we rented is just four miles from the main gate. With the Florida resident discount for annual passes we were on the property almost daily. Sometimes our daughter and I would go to a park and not even ride anything, we just wanted to be there.

We spent two years in Florida, moving on July 1st, 2012. That was a hard decision to make. We plan to return all the time, our first trip back is scheduled for mid-September. We've been counting the days since well before we left Florida.

I've written extensively about Disney for various websites. I am also the co-author of the InsideScoop to Walt Disney World book series. I learned a lot while we lived there just because we spent so much time at the parks, and I plan on learning even more on our trips back. I hope that you'll find my tips helpful and that maybe you will pick up a few pointers so that you will better be able to enjoy your vacation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment